Tuesday, September 3, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 889

 



Our next excursion was to Warnham Nature reserve. On our way, we stopped off at Old Barn Garden Center for coffee. I spotted a wagtail - sometimes on the ground between tables - but by the time I had finished my almond latte and got my camera ready it was higher up.



As we walked through the enclosed center after renewing our annual memberships, we spotted a pair of mute swans with a single cygnet in the main lake. Further out, there was a lesser egret.



The first hide had little of interest due to cessation of feeding. However, at the next hide there was plenty fo birdlife to watch. Firstly, we spotted a close-by grey heron.



It stood there for some time and enabled myself and several other camera-owners to take some good shots/footage. There were of course other birds - such as the coots.



It did not seem to be busy or in a hurry - just standing around relaxing.



As if not bothered by anything other than enjoying a restful moment.



To the left, we spotted a little grebe.



2 comments:

  1. That looks like a little barge or man-made island with plant life on it. I wonder what that's about.

    ReplyDelete