Friday, September 27, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 895

 



My first pictures today are of the Bewick swans at Arundel WWT - Mr and Mrs Silvertag.



I took 4 shots of them on this occasion, as they were fairly near the fence and happy to hang out with us.



In fact, they came over to me when I stood there.



Mr Silvertag is closest and not looking in this final shot of the duo, with Mrs Silvertag observing me - maybe remembering.



Guess who found another pigeon....



It was a teenage wood pigeon, by the looks of it - almost but not quite grown into its feet and beak, lazy and just sitting around.



Fluffed up and a little unsure what pigeons are supposed to do, perhaps.



2 comments:

  1. I love those wooden walkways through the underbrush. So relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe for the pigeons....acces is prohibitted to visitors. you can however go on the main boardwalk...

    ReplyDelete