Tuesday, September 3, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 890

 



I took several shots of the little grebe as it meandered along the side of the lake.



It then came back towards the hide/center and allowed for a better sighting.



I took more shots as it came in front of us, practising with the 2 settings of my camera I prefer - auto and program - the latter seems to add color and zoom, whilst the former fades and distances a capture.



It darted about in front of us for some time, dipping down to munch below surface a little, but mostly on surface, allowing for good shots.



Coot and moorhen were also nearby, and the heron was still standing around. There was no shortage of birdlife to be sighted in this hide.



I was not alone in taking multiple pictures though.



I stayed mainly on the 'program' setting to get vivid blue water.


 


2 comments:

  1. I guess that must be algae floating on the lake. It gives the area a nice untamed look.

    ReplyDelete