Tuesday, August 21, 2018

BIRD NEWS:427


No, my first picture today does not depict a field of cattle - it shows two small flitting birds, if you look carefully. As I strolled back from the WWT into Arundel, passing the cows, I spotted a bunch of small darting birds of the swift/swallow family. I decided to take a few photos, in the hope that some might be clear enough to distinguish the precise species, but...



None of the pictures were clear enough to tell me if they were English swift, marten, or swallow. I could not even check the tail or color properly - as they were so fast... The cows themselves seemed to wonder what I was doing, standing there with a silvery pink box staring towards them.



in the end I gave up - it was getting breezy and I wanted to get on with my shopping.



As I approached the town, on the other side of the road I spotted a pair of mute swans, surrounded by mallards. As I had not captured many photos on this excursion I crossed the street to take a shot or two, before I vanished to search for second hand books, wine, and groceries.


2 comments: