Tuesday, January 30, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 826

 


Goggle's pond had been fixed up after it had been reduced to a pool amongst sloshy mud on our last trip past. Now he stands on his island near a sign displaying a picture of him.



We walked past on our way home from our trip to Arundel. Out next excursion was to Shoreham, where we had coffee...



...and spotted a few city pigeons. This one hopped about under the coffee tables as we waited for our order.



Then it wandered off....along the pedestrian precinct.



Shortly after I replaced my came a in my rucksack, it's mates joined him - but it was a very cold day and I didnt want to keep taking my camera in and out as I had to take my gloves off/on to do so.



After coffee, we wanted to warm up by walking - so walked alongside the river for a while - but it was so misty and cold - we soon stepped one 'block' inland and hiked up the Downslink.



...and what should I spot but a tree filled with wood pigeons - 7-8 of them!

Talk about city and country - lol - city pigeons and wood pigens today!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Goggles is a celebrity. I hope it doesn't go to his head. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. i dont know how long geese live for....or why he doesnt have a partner....

    ReplyDelete