Sunday, February 4, 2018

BIRD NEWS:393

I finally managed to get another Arundel WWT excursion in - although as it was so cold and with an icy wind, I only stayed about 2 hours. First up, an information board to supplement my own ramblings. This time, concerning the kingfisher - regular readers will have spotted a few photos of this bird in previous entries, although I did not see one today.



Next, a post sitting duck - one of those strange ones that when moulting turn blackish brown with a white patch, then gradually shade up back into mallard-like coloring, as you can see here.



It was very cold, as I have already mentioned - so a hot coffee at the cafe was taken not long after my arrival. I therefore took a shot of the eiders and other aqautica on the cafe-side lake, whilst indulging in my lonesome cuppa.


This is one of the 2017 Bewick swan babes eyeing me as I walked past its enclosure. I ex-zoomed to get a picture of the foursome family from which it was wandering, before moving on to the Trumpeter enclosure.



The Trumpeter swans were gliding about by the island today - not close enough for a decent picture. I did try again on my way back around for the second trot later on, but still they were too far away to get a proper picture this excursion


3 comments:

  1. I disagree-- that picture is more than decent. In fact, those last three are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well they are not very close-up..... but as scenic photos they are good, just not good as swan photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they show the birds in their environment, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete