Thursday, May 10, 2018

BIRD NEWS:409





Wandering on a little, I came across a bunch of pigeons near a feeder station. being interested in pigeons and swans, my camera had to stop and take a few photos before I moved onwards.




I next passed another information board concerning nesting abilities of the various species.
 
Next, are a living sample and info board concerning Chiloe Wigeon. A rather pretty looking duck that caught my eye, and that I noticed on the info board nearby as I walked past.


I then came to a different type of nesting info board - and this might have been what I had seen earlier, as I approached the reserve, when spotting longtailed tits in the tree....

Yet another nest info board follows.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing picture of the pigeon standing on the stump. Check out the colors on his neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was pretty happy with that shot myself. its amazing how many birds have those green-purple sheens - mallards have them as well as pigeons, and....

    ReplyDelete