Sunday, May 3, 2020

BIRD NEWS:575



I looked across the field and spotted the peacocks -now displaying their tail feathers. I was too far away to get a good shot and there was a fence banning me from getting closer, but it was definitely worth coming back the way I had come rather than doing a loop.



The preening farm duck-goose was now sailing through the water on its pond near a mallard.
HERE is a link to the results of the January birdwatch. We have seen all 10 in our yard over the past year, but not all stay around. 


The next picture that I took was of a goldfinch - and 2 sparrows - munching on the bird feeder in my back yard. My next hike was around Angmering Park woodland, walking up Swillage Lane, cutting thru to the gate, and walking down thru Patching. On my way I passed Swillage pond where I spotted the farm duck/goose as usual.



My final picture for today is of a rather different bird - yet exactly the same species...and sits in my flower border premanantly.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Is your permanent resident a new addition?

    I love that sparkly picture of Swillage Pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah well...its an old broken thing really. dad had a duck planted he out in the garden - either aq cat or the frost knockd its had off...so i planted the head. ur robin likes to stand on its head when worm-searching. i go past the pond at swillage on most of my local hikes, as i can get furhter afield right now.

    ReplyDelete