Sunday, June 28, 2020

BIRD NEWS:578


As I proceeded to return home down Swillage \lane, I spotted the first swifts or swallows skitting the field where the turning to the left lies. I also spotted a giant dark bird - assumedly a crow or rook, but possibly a bird of prey. Not much further along, but to the other side, was a wren, watching me from the hedgerow.



I tried to take a shot of both birds, but....


There was a blackbird singing to me on the wires overhead as I passed by. A little further along was a goldfinch.



I then tried to get some photos of the swallows - or swifts - that were swooping over a field - but...I got more blobs than pictures.


2 comments:

  1. I wonder why they were swooping over the field. It seems like they were attacking something? Do they eat mice or other small animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. swallows and swifts do swoop....eating bugs or just flight... the birds of prey hover and fly over fields to catch rodents etc though.

    ReplyDelete