Monday, August 3, 2020

BIRD NEWS:584

I eventually passed beyond the mute swan clan and began to walk around the lake to the coast to continue my planned trip. The plan being to walk into Littlehampton along the seafront and then along the River Arun up to the RNLI station and back. I spotted some waterfowl ignoring the sign post as I continued my trip.

A crow greeted me as I walked along the coast, westward, whilst it sat on a beachhut roof. I don't know if he was sunbathing or hunting. My next picture shows the gulls on the other side of the river, as I turned North.


On my return, I walked through Mewsbrooks again. I spotted a butterfly as well as some birds on the statue-post. The swans were still on the lake.



One parent was still alone, watching from a distance - while the main one was hanging with the octet near the footbridge. iI took a few more pictures and then walked home, via Rustington shops.



4 comments:

  1. I love that big statue. The wide shot of the river is nice, it really gives an idea of what the area is like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that patch of the river...on one side is yachts and a road and sailing club and the patches of dirt-sand wheres the side i was on is touristy with a row of cafe-shops/housing where my great aunt once lived, a boating pond and amusement park

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I guess it doesn't give a good idea of the area....

    ReplyDelete