Wednesday, February 24, 2021

BIRD NEWS:605

 



As I continued my trek and neared its completion, I walked along the former highway back into my village and spotted some dovecotes and either white show pigeon or doves flying and flocking. I managed to get one shot of these before heading home.



This would have been a shot of a magpie in the tree outside my bedroom window - but I don't have a good camera at the moment, so it is a blurr instead.



My next hike, a day after the last, was taken with Liz. We went on a Highdown loop taking different tracks again. We spotted a flurry of around 6 long tailed tits - too fast to even get my camera out the bag and this...'blurr'...



...that we THINK was a goldcrest.


HERE is a link to a video of swans and some other WWT videos.



This was also a goldcrest - for sure - but it shot into the bush and out of sight before I got my camera aim right - I did see the crest for certain though, this time.

Watch a baby bird be born - HERE.

This is my list of birds seen this year - it might have included a woodpecker, but I only heard rather than saw that - so far:

blackbird

bluetit

buzzard

dunnock

farm goose

gold crest

jay

longtailed tit

magpie

robin

seagull

skylark

song thrush

sparrow

starling

wood pigeon

 

2 comments:

  1. That video of the baby bird being born and raised is amazing. He thinks that guy is his mother now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thats why i shared it - lovely to watch.

    ReplyDelete