Saturday, March 27, 2021

BIRD NEWS:608

 



Here is a picture of the other pair of swans at Mewsbrook Lake. They are possibly a pair, or possibly the offspring of the nesting pair from last year.



HERE is some info about migration.



Liz and I trotted over Highdown - and spotted a  song thrush. I managed to take a couple of shots in hope.... but of course, until I replace my replacement camera, they will not be great shots.



HERE is a guide to birdsong in the UK.



On our next ramble we passed the dove cotes on the old Arundel Road property - filled with either doves or show pigeons - those mystery white magician's birds.



Back home, and I finally had some time free to observe the birds on my own garden - a 2 week vacation from work. At first, I noted the absence of many, but this may be due to the cats, hawks, and workmen...I did however spot that I have goldfinches visiting me again.


Long term readers may remember a few year ago I had a bird ID problem - well here is the answer: Identifying Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler




Our next excursion was a long one. Liz and I started out by walking thru the field and crossing the A27 to The Dover. We then proceeded to walk towards, and indeed to, Arundel. The first camera-stop was to take a picture of a blackbird resting upon a rubble wall. I took another shot further along - but cannot see the skylark in the field.



2 comments:

  1. Those birdhouses are cool. It's too bad the truck is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes....but then there are not many non drivers like myself....

    ReplyDelete