Saturday, May 15, 2021

BIRD NEWS:613

 




It appears that there is a new nesting box on the swillage lane pond. I assume it's for mallards, coots, or moorhen - as Goggles is the only farm goose I ever see on the pond. Maybe whoever owns the pond/Goggles has decided to buy a companion for him, though...it is possible.



Goggles did swim up to me on the return trip...and there was no grumpy hissing or honking - just curiosity.



Goggles was around on my next hike - but prefered to hang with mallards than people on this trip.



In fact, he was most disinterested in us as we walked past.



I took a look out from the kitchen window along the path up the back yard and spotted a friend in the tree at the end of the garden.



For those who cannot see what the grey blob is - here is a clear shot - it's Pidge!



My next shot is dramatically different and brand new. It is the first time I have gotten up close to a dalmation pelican. The new exhibit at WWT Arundel has opened!




3 comments:

  1. Nice Dalmation Pelican. I wonder if they'll have a hundred more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. they have 5 or 6 at the mo....one guy and a flock of gals....but i think these are birds not dogs!

    ReplyDelete