Friday, October 1, 2021

BIRD NEWS:642





My first couple of pictures are from the budgy aviary at Priory Park Chichester.



Liz & I had plans for the upcoming fortnight - annual leave for me - but alas, the day prior to the start of these hols that I had looked forward to so much, I rec'd notification that I had to self isolate, as one of our drivers was down with Covid.



I was not too happy, as my 15 days of ability to get out some place every single day for a walk - locally &/or with Liz - vanished. It morphed into being stuck at home for at least half my time-out from work.


Somebody had come to visit my bedroom window by the looks of the oil waxing marks...



I had other visitors at home of course - an entire family of goldfinches decided to seed-snack at my pole-cafe.



Beautiful as they are, it is not the same as a 2-8 hour day out with Liz, complete with coffee, hiking, nature seeing, and perfect companionship.



The family kept visiting during my isolation period, thankfully, because part way in I was told I actually had Covid and had to extend the duration of my isoltaion period to cover all but 4 day of my 15 days annual leave.



The goldfinches ave stayed with me right thru - now coming down to empty the sunflower heart feeder thruout the day daily. There are around 6-8 of them - but that's not all I have seen. In this shot, one of our starlings is present. Liz spotted about 60 of them in a flock up on the roof and round about....the flock split into 2 groups. So we have a fairly large gang of starlings about.



3 comments:

  1. Ah, the Budgies. Long time, no see. So cute.

    But I'm confused about the origin of the oily waxing marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wood pigeon or magpie or other large bird did not know what glass was - and found out the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that happened to a feathery visitor to my mother's back porch.

    ReplyDelete