Monday, July 11, 2022

BIRD NEWS:700

 



This pair of coots is the answer to the question in my last post, of who laid the eggs in the nest!



Here is an info board that I have previously posted - showing the birds we 'may' see at one hide at Warnham.



Out in the lake swam a....NO! Not a loch ness monster!! It's a great crested grebe.



I know it has a head like a lochness monster, but honestly - tis a GC Grebe!!



It kept diving down into the lake just like the grebe we usually see...but this one was a great crested, which we don't usually see.



That was the last pictureIi took of it. Next, a pheasant. It looked so pretty with its adult mating plumage gleaming in the sunshine...



...that I took a few shots to capture the colors. Soon after it left, a greenfinsh took its place on the log top to munch the mixed wild bird seed.



HERE are some interesting takes - including one on birds and one on owls....


1 comment:

  1. Happy 700th post. I'm sorry you didn't see a Loch Ness Monster, but the grebe is pretty cool. 😀

    And of course I got last week's question wrong.....

    ReplyDelete