Monday, July 11, 2022

BIRD NEWS:701

 




I dont have any success photographing the greenfinch at home, but here is a good shot of the one at Warnham.



Even I was fooled initially by this group of wood pigeons...but not for long. It being easter weekend and having known of wooden rabbits in the meadow previously, this 'flock' of fakes was not long in fooling me.



This grey heron had a stick in its beak....After 3-4 choices, it finally chose a twig and flew off to its nest.



Our last photo from Warnham was taken at what seemed to be a farm, or outbuildings with a hen pen and ducks and.... On researching on Google after I got home, I discovered that our outside-reserve wanderings had taken us past an animal sanctuary....



A wood pigeon, collared dove, and greenfinch share the feeder pole in this at-home shot. I was then off out on an other excursion with Liz!



This jackdaw was enjoying the ground between the spring flowers we had come to view at Nymans. Here was a kingfisher wooden sculpture we found - again - in our woodland stroll after Nymans before Leonardslee.



Alas my final shot for today's post was blurred. It depicts a cafe/restaurant sign at Leonardslee with a bird on it....or should do.



HERE is a link to a report on turtle doves in the UK.


2 comments:

  1. The wooden pigeons fooled me, but the kingfisher did not. 😀

    Is the new sanctuary that you found a place you can visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know.....we will have to find out next trip.

    ReplyDelete