Thursday, March 2, 2023

BIRD NEWS:757

 



We finished inside the reserve and wandered the outer woodland area. We were notified of sea eagle sightings so made our way to the corner of the wooded area to see what we could see. We saw a kestrel in a tree to the left, a red kite and a marsh harrier. There is one above the shepherds hut in my first picture today. Below is the kestrel.



My next excursion was a solo hike to Arundel WWT and back. Passing Goggles on his pond en route, I took just over 2 hrs to reach Arundel, as per usual, slowed only by observations and camera.



Not more than a few hundred yards further, I stopped to take a picture of a peacock in the house to the left.



As I neared Arundel, I spotted a mallard enjoying a puddle in the fields near the river Arun.



On my way up the avenue towards the reserve, I spotted 2-3 mute swans enjoying more water logged fields - along with a bunch of gulls on this occasion.



This next picture was to be of a mute swan flying low over the local riverland hide, the lake filled with greylag geese. The swan made touchdown though!



This shot of 2 pelicans mystified me - 2? Where were the other 2 ladies hiding?



2 comments:

  1. Wow, there's a bunch of great pictures here, but the best is the peacock next to the fence. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they can be pretty....but they make a dreadful noise when they 'talk', lol

    ReplyDelete