Sunday, February 11, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 837

 




Next, I spotted a kestrel.



I took a few pictures as it hovered above the flood waters.



This shot above shows how vast the waters were on this occasion - generally, this shot wouold include fields of grass with brooks running through them - fields we could walk across, alongside the river, into Pulborough itself.



I took quite a few shots of the kestrel, as I was unsure if it would come out clearly, or be turned to show up in the cloudy skies.



I took so many I thought it best to limit how many I shared on the blog.



So, I made 4 shots into one picture.



One final shot of the background with the kestrel.



2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful shots of the kestrel, with the clouds and patches of blue sky in the background and plant stems in the foreground. What a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, yes most of our excursions have something good in them

    ReplyDelete