Saturday, May 4, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 860

 



My last bright-outted picture at Brooklands Park. Then, I managed to take some on 'auto' setting, that actually show what I was attempting to take on 'manual-with-zoom'.



You can also see one of the swans - the other was nesting on an island.



I then attempted a shot of the swans nest - but got a mallard and wood pigeon instead.



Yet again I had forgotton to adjust the brightness/exposure control, just assumed it meant adding zoom. I then changed back to auto - and caught a pair of mallards...but still missed the swan nest.



Next we drove on to our final destination for the day - Shoreham, where we passed a funfair and strolled along the River Adur - spotting a family of 5 mute swans, the parents only just shooing the young of last year away as we met them.



They were sort of half together and half apart as we progressed past them.



I took a few shots, as we did not see that many birds on this excursion.



1 comment:

  1. That rocky shore with the bridge and the hills in the background make for a nice view.

    ReplyDelete