Saturday, January 31, 2015

BIRD NEWS:2


You may be forgiven for wondering what the first photo is actually a picture of - but if you were a regular reader of my former blog, you may guess it is another shot of Ditty the dove and partner on the bird table - as is the next.

Doves are not the only subject matter for poor quality photographs I took in the first week of January - I have a pair of shots of Sing the starling. The way I know it is Sing, and not Song, Cough, Starlet, or an unnamed starling is the vocals. Its repertoire and tone distinguish this specific bird from the rest of its friends. The second of these shots is of Sing mid-warble, issuing the familiar throat-cackle of the breed, while the first of the pair is of Sing singing in his own personal way.



Regular readers will realize I can only last so many posts without producing at least one snap of a pigeon, and so here is Pidge. This one is taken of the wood pigeon sitting on the tree outside my window, from my bed, ignoring me. In the next one, Pidge is actually regarding either myself or the windowsill - probably the latter, estimating if it is worth clearing the remaining seed...

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see Pidge again. The new blog is starting to feel like home. :)

    I especially like the picture with the silhouettes of the plants in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a place to mix decent with fuzzy shots of the old crowd of bird-friends! Those geraniums on my windowsill are getting huge - and to think, they were tiny stubs of stem Dad rejected and did not bother to pot up!

    ReplyDelete