Friday, October 20, 2017

BIRD NEWS:373


The answer is a mute swan. Pictured above are a pair, along with a pair of coots. Well, next was another feeder station and another bird - a pheasant! It amazes me how many species of bird manage to figure out how to get food out of these food-traps - designed mainly for the ducks and geese!


It did not take me long to find a bunch of pigeons to capture on my camera. I was nearing the cafe/mixed-bird lake again, preparing to go thru and take a short circular to 2-3 hides before the walk I had signed up to take on bird surveying.



I of course had to take a few shots of the pigeons - as, like swans, they particularly interest me.



To end today's post, I will share a couple of shots of some geese nibbling the fence. It appears to be something on the wire part from the latter shot.


Finally for today's post - HERE is some info on the starling.


2 comments:

  1. There are some very interesting patterns in the feathers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes those pigeons.... when show pigeons breed with city pigeons....thats what you get.

    ReplyDelete