Thursday, April 11, 2019

BIRD NEWS:480




I was trotting home from a hike to the shops in a nearby town, when I spotted something flying above the back yard and local area - the red kite! Oh, if only I had had my camera on me!!!!



Another local sighting was of a pigeon - half show pigeon and half city pigeon - on a neighbor's roof. The next excursion with birds upon it was when Liz & I trekked around the back of Swanbourne Lake - then wandered off into the land between Arundel and Amberley.



Some of the first birds we saw were pigeons - so out came my camera, before we had even passed the lake! Other birds sighted on our trip that did not get photographed include a robin, song thrush, blackbird, a few kestrel and buzzard, several swans - and a peek thru the wire fence as we walked past the WWT trust reserve showed us the black necked swans and black backed radjah shelducks.



My first 2019 week of vacation came up and on the first day I went to Chichester and Bognor on a shopping trip. That is how I took these shots of 'chatter-budgies', in Priory Park. It was gloomy and damp, so the pictures did not come out very well on this trip, but regular readers may recall this gang.


2 comments:

  1. I remember the budgies. :)

    I hope you manage to get a picture of that red kite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have seen it 2-3 times - but i have been out of the house without a camera, or had pastry flour on my hands....so far!

    ReplyDelete