Thursday, September 19, 2019

BIRD NEWS:507


My next excursion was to Shoreham chili festival in early July. I began at Worthing and strolled along the coast towards Shoreham. My first sighting was of the crows on top the beach huts.




I arrived at Widewater Lagoon - but there were not that many birds in situ - a few hedge-hopping sparrows and a pair of mute swans with one cygnet...



I did not see the oystercatchers or turnstones at Shoreham beach when I arrived, so that was basically all the birds I spotted and my mind turned to chillies. My next trip was taken mid-July in the company of Liz. We went to Warnham nature reserve for the day. My first sighting here was of a mute swan.



Further along, from the hide, I spotted not only the swan but a kingfisher!


Finally, HERE is some info about young owls.


4 comments:

  1. Shoreham looks like a nice little town.

    That picture of the mute swan in the pond is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it has a few interesting places to pop along to. did you spot the kingfisher too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so. He's perched on the top of that dead branch.

    ReplyDelete