Monday, September 30, 2019

BIRD NEWS:511




From our next hide, we spotted a trip of cygnets - mute swans. The Trumpeter swans were lazing about in their lake as we passed shortly afterwards. We then arrived at the Bewick swan lake.



They were swimming about at ease also, and because I had company to chat to I did not stop to take that many photographs on this trip - well, not as many perhaps as if I were solo and hanging out with the swans rather than passing by while hanging with my best friend.



Oh look - the giant Lego creations are back!!!! There is a giant Bewick swan! I will end for today with sharing the other two pictures that I took of them - Liz and I agreed that the owl looked best, while the red breasted goose has real live samples beyond.




HERE is a link to an ID video explaining how to identify various grey geese.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lego birds. That's an odd evolutionary turn. :D

    The owl looks pixelated. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes they have lego things from time to time - usually school holidays!!

    ReplyDelete