Wednesday, April 1, 2020

BIRD NEWS:568


Back in the city, I strolled hastily (to reach the toilets) to Priory Park. This, regular readers will know, signifies budgy photos. Today however, I only took one photo - BUT HERE is a video I took.




There were oystercatchers when Liz and I strolled along the coast from Rustington to Littlehsmpton. At first we thought they might be turnstones - but their backs were too dark and further along, spotting another group, we saw their beaks which gave their identity away.



I took one last shot...


My next trip was back to Arundel WWT - where I had gone just the previous week with Liz - but this time solo. They had a behaviour of birds talk-walk event on that I wished to attend and I was feeling wary on continuing to use public transport de to the vuirus dangers. I planned it as my last long distance trip for the time being. As usual, I was greeted by the friendly robin.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see the budgies again. That's some pretty heavy surf on the seashore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its just where it slaps the gravel at the edges mostly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some heavy breakers in that last one. We never get waves like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its just where it crashes onto the beach and then falls back into the ocean - i guess i am used to aussie surfing beaches where the waves really swell and crash, so its small in comparison.

    ReplyDelete