Tuesday, December 15, 2020

BIRD NEWS:601

 



I managed ONE decent shot of the blackbird - out of a dozen or so. On my former camera, I would have gotten 4-5 good shots and a half dozen fairly good ones with maybe 1-2 duds.



My new camera continues to disappoint me. This blackbird should be clearly in focus - not a blur.



Above you can see a shot of the bird area in my back yard - feeder poles, bird baths, and pond. It came out OK, unlike most of my shots. It is not lack of practice - just a poor quality camera. It only takes decent shots at a specific distance on a specific zoom. I need a camera that takes what it sees - without the need to be fussing about or obtaining blurry blobs as the subject. I am not a professional that needs to sell my shots, but I like the pictures to be quick to take and good quality. My old camera was great....sigh.



You can see the sparrows in this shot - taken on partial zoom. But I cannot always take a picture from the coffee lounge at a semi-zoom or zero zoom....birds move and go all over the place, after all! My old camera caught what it saw and I could simply change the size of the picture and crop it on the computer afterwards to have perfect shots....



Using full zoom, this sparrow is a blur - showing I cannot take photos on full zoom in the back yard on THIS garbage-camera.



I really do not like this camera....This should be a great shot of a wren at the bird bath... On my lil pink box it would have been perfect, but on this blue thing - nope.



There was something large on the garden fence...for once, the camera decided to get an average shot...



A sparrowhawk methinks.

2 comments:

  1. The ones of the backyard are pretty good, and the blue one is spooky. On my camera, you have to press the button halfway down to refocus when you change the zoom. Maybe that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my old camera you didnt have to do anything - it siply took a copy of what it saw focussed to reality, not fussed with. i dont want to fuss about - i want to aim and go CLICK, like on my old camera.

    ReplyDelete