Tuesday, December 22, 2020

BIRD NEWS:602

 



Alas, as soon as I used the first zoom, instead of getting a closer shot - I got a blurrier shot of the sparrowhawk. On full zoom, instead of being closer still....a blurry blob was the result. iI definitely do NOT recommend buying yourself a Kodak camera these days - it used to be a good make, but not any longer.



I then tried automatic instead of manual....with a similar poor result.



My next excursion was a solo hike up Swillage Lane - I did not go very far as it was puddled and wet. My camera surprised me by taking a fairly good shot - for once - of Goggles with the mallards.



Although not the usual clarity of my Fujifilm camera, the Kodak was at least capturing reasonable images on this occasion...



I took several shots of Goggles & his mallard pals, in case the camera misbehaved, as it generally offers up blobs and blurrs.



Goggles stayed around and even chattered to me a little bit today - maybe he is getting used to my visiting, stopping briefly near his pond and holding a box-thing to my face a few times in passing...



Very unusually, on this trip most of my photos came out fairly well. As the one below illustrates - close up birds using zoom come out ok - as do far off birds not using zoom. I would rather they all came out with or without zoom as they did on my old camera though...



HERE is an article about birds and happiness...



HERE is an article from WWT - of which I am a member and used to visit monthly pre-Covid.


2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it's the light level. It seems like it was darker out for the blurrier ones. Does it have settings for night versus day, or whatever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldnt know as i dont/wont use that feature. i use turn on, zoom, CLICK. thats how i choose to take a photo. my old camera provided 75-90% good photos using that method. a camera either can - or in this case can not - take what is really in front of it without fiddling about with it.

    ReplyDelete