Friday, July 2, 2021

BIRD NEWS:616

 



I spotted the Trumpeters in the sickie enclosure, though they are not ill, just moving location.



I realize they are the 1-2 years present ones and not the originals from several years ago, but it will be the 3rd or fourth housing for them, I think - as I seem to recall they were taken out of their pond then sent back to it once already.



We wandered further around the 'one way only' hideless trek. We were not alone in our path plodding though - a pair of male mallards were showing off their spring plumage and strolling the pathway ahead of us.



We arrived at the wild garden area, where there are usually plenty of goldfinches - as indeed my own birdfeeder station now has in situ.



A pheasant was spotted by me in the gardens as we passed by. It also was adorned in spring finery all colors aglow.



That brings us to the Bewick duo, who seem to have forgotten me now. Not surprising, as I have only visited twice in the past year, rather than monthly, and on both times we did not stand and stare to share the time of day with them.



That makes 3 breeds of swan on this trip - though the black necked duo are absent still. I am assuming they have been removed, as they were troublemakers in their enclosure, not getting along with the other birds they shared with.



2 comments: