Friday, July 9, 2021

BIRD NEWS:618

 



There were 4 families of Greylag, with young in tow, ranging from 2 to 6 or 7 youngsters per family.



We were on our way past, when yet another family strode up about to hiss but not needing to do so, as if path owning.



Parents made sure we did not disturb THEIR babes....ensuring their safe 'road' crossing as if Liz and I were cars shooting past them.



We left the WWT and spotted yet another swan - mute swan - nesting in the entrance reed lakes. We then pottered off to sea gull and pigeon land - Swanbourne Lake. Our purpose being to grab a second round of coffee before or 2 hrs walk home. I did not therefore photogeaph the pigeons, gulls, ducks, moorhens, or coots - as i had coffee in my hands.



I arrived home to find a pair of jackdaws surveying the chimney - hopefully they will nest this year, as they do most, and not be disturbed by the neighbors workmen - as the council have informed us next door of our semi-detached unit are getting a new roof.



Soon after, I tried to take a shot of Pidge - but Pidge did not want his photo taken.



I then spotted a sparrowhawk in action - by the pond. Alas, it had caught a sparrow!



HERE you can learn about birdsong differences.


2 comments:

  1. Uh oh. I hope the constructions doesn't drive all the regulars away.

    ReplyDelete