Monday, August 2, 2021

BIRD NEWS:625

 



Chichester! There was the budgy aviary by the cafe in the park. Alas, my camera let me down and most of my shots were unclear.



I did not take too many pictures as I have so often taken shots of these birds - and with a better camera.



Our next excursion was to Ardingly Resevoir, where we tried to take a circular walk - but failed to follow the directives or map correctly. On arrival home, I discovered we had been trying to do a walk around Arlington Resevoir instead - so that would explain why stage 1 could not connect to stages 2-9. However, I took a few shots as we hiked about enjoying what we found instead of the planned walk.



We did spot a family of Grebes - only identifiable thru noccies - of approximately a dozen birds.



Back home, and this misshot was supposed to illustrate the adult bluetit feeding 2 great tit babes...



This behavior has been known in cousin tit species, where a substitute parent adopts the young of a dead or absent parent.



Our next excursion was to Wakehurst Place - where we met a pair of mallards whom were curious. We also spotted a pheasant out for a summer field stroll.



2 comments:

  1. I was actually right for once about the Budgies. :D

    That reservoir looks really nice. Is that one of the places you have an annual pass for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardingly is free, and i have annual access to Wakehurst now.

    ReplyDelete