Friday, August 13, 2021

BIRD NEWS:627

 




Here you can see one of the avocet waders along with a redshank and info board. Next up, another group of dozing ducks - a familiar summer sight.



Sadly, I only spotted one pigeon...



Usually there are a whole flock flying around. Whether they have been forcefully removed, or whether they have gone to a better food source such as Swanbourne Lake, I don't know.



Next up, we encountered a teenage moorhen wandering about.



Unexpectedly, I came across my old pals the Trumpeter swans. They are now housed in their new home-pond. It is a bit smaller than their old lake with the tree filled island, but they ere gliding about serenely.



It was lovely to see them - especially as I did not see my friends Orangetag and Silvertag the Bewick duo on this trip. When we failed to find them, we made enquiries and discovered they were in the duckery/sickie cages due to having cygnets. This was not expected for another year or two, but on our next trip we should find them again.



For now, I will have to make do with trumpeters!



Ahead of us was another visitor - but also a mallard family.

2 comments:

  1. I love those little spaceship feeders. It seems like good news that the Bewicks had babies earlier than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the birds do too... yes, i hope i see them again before theyleave the parents

    ReplyDelete