Friday, August 27, 2021

BIRD NEWS:629

 



In the past, on my old Fujifilm camera, I would have taken a few snaps and been able to ID the bird once at home - but this stupid Kodak doesnt take good photos, so I still do not know what reed dwelling bird we saw.



This seemed to be the best shot I got...and it might be possible to identify the bird had it not been turned at such an angle. But then luck hit home - my final shot showed the bird much more clearly - a sedge warbler!!



You can learn more about them HERE.




My next aim was to get a shot of a sand marten in/on its rock entry.



I kept trying, but....this was the best shot I got of them. We left the WWT reserve, and wandered back into Arundel to do a treasure trail after lunch. On our way back, we spotted a mute swan with teenage cygnets in the moat.



so out came my camera again!



The cygnets kept sticking their legs up...which we found both cute and amusing.



1 comment: