Wednesday, September 1, 2021

BIRD NEWS:631

 



My final shot from Nymans is of a grey heron - a REAL one!! Back home, and I was hanging out laundry when I observed a young robin observing me - both of us showing curiosity.



Whilst the young bird had no objection to my taking a shot from up close, my camera did.



I was wondering if he might even hand feed at one point. And he did look as if he might for a moment...



I ended up putting some suet pellets out for him, but he could not manage to pick them up.



Some days are ruined by the lack of a decent camera. My former model would have taken perfect shots of the lil fella.



Our next trip was to Midhurst, and we came across a group of Canada geese nibbling away at the ponds in the park.



We came upon a group of what Liz called 'Indian ducks' sharing the pondscape with our trio.



Once again, my camera failed me. When I next go to Brighton, or when I next have a fortnight off from work, I will try to hunt down another camera - one that DOES function that way I want it to - just like my former model.


HERE is a link to a sparrow identification aid.


2 comments:

  1. The pictures of the Canadian Geese and Indian Ducks came out great, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some do some dont - i still dont like my camera. i want a fujifilm compact digital....

    ReplyDelete