Wednesday, September 15, 2021

BIRD NEWS:637

 


This was my last picture of the Bewick duo and their cygnets taken in August at Arundel. Back home, and we have had a lot of wet weather...



This poor Pidge was soaked when he landed in at my Windowsill Cafe!



Here is the first of a few statues depicting birds. 'Hope is a thing with feathers'. Liz and I took an excursion to Leonardslee Gardens and explored 2 sculpture displays. Some sculptures were better than others - but several depicted birds.



Some looked like birds and some....did not. It was likewise for all the statues - birds and non - some were metal lumps by artsy peeps and others were realistic.



There were two exhibitions at once - one, a short term display from Surrey sculpture society, and the other a long term display.



This is where we sat to munch our lunch...and where I spotted something - well 2 somethings - in the treetops.



Cormorants! I also spotted a silvery blue streak stream over the lake....a kingfisher - but I had a bag of corn chips instead of my camera in hand at the time...



Some more 'real' birds were sighted however, before a return to the statues.


2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful place. Those statues are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz and I had mixed feeling about the statues - some we really liked and some we really thought 'huh?'

    ReplyDelete