Wednesday, March 2, 2022

BIRD NEWS:676

 



A woodpecker was here methinks! This was taken on our excursion to Leonardslee Gardens & Pulborough Brooks - on the penultimate Saturday of January. I spotted a treecreeper...



I was just walking along then spotted a movement - that turned into a bird - that turned into a treecreeper - hence, out came the camera...



I have had to encircle the bird - as it is so small, and my camera is not good at close up shots of distant birds.



I kept shooting in case at least one shot came out well....hopefully.... Alas, that was the best I got. It remained a good spot, if not good shot!



We walked a little further and spotted a jay!



Then - another treecreeper - which also evaded a good shot but remained a good spot!


On our next hike, Liz and I went up Highdown Hill - a local on-foot trip. We spotted 6 robins, some blackbirds, a woodpecker.... but I was not able to take any photos on this excursion.



Here, in my back yard, is one of the doves...a pair of whom regularly visit currently.



There is a starling down there pecking up dropped feeder pole seed with it in my final shot for the day.


Before I finish my post, HERE is the link to a short video of dalmation pelicans being fed at WWT, taken on the last week in January, when Liz and I took a trip to Arundel.




2 comments:

  1. Ah, I always love the videos. That one came out good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i have another one coming up in a few posts time!!

    ReplyDelete