Sunday, March 27, 2022

BIRD NEWS:680

 



The majority of Swanbourne Lake was covered in floating seagulls.



We got closer to the entrance/exit, and found a few other species sharing the waters with the gulls - mostly show pigeon, to my delight.



Additionally, a few mallard, coot, moorhen, tufted... & a pair of swans....wow...so unexpected!!



We were determined to give it our best chance to spot this elusive glossy ibis I had heard so much about on the FB page....but we passed our Bewick buddies again en route to the next attempt - on our second entry to the WWT that day.



Teal, Gadwell, mallard, shoveller...but nope, still no glossy ibis!



I found a few photos I do not seem to have added to the December batch...of the doves in my back yard, so am entering them here.



and here.



2 comments:

  1. All those seagulls are amazing. It's too bad the ibis didn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh well, maybe next visit-year.....

    ReplyDelete