Thursday, November 3, 2022

BIRD NEWS:728

 






This is a baby collared dove. I spotted it one day when I was about to go outside with an armful of wet laundry - which I put down and picked up my camera on sighting.



Also at home, there are families of goldfinches - seen here - and great tits feeding ravenously at he bird feeder recently - mid-late August 2022.



Liz and I went to a new place for us - Burton Mill and Chingford pond nature trail. We began at Burton Mill and I soon spotted an infoboard mentioning birdlife. Reed warblers I have seen, bitterns I have not. We saw tufted, gadwell, coot and moorhen, and Liz thought she saw a grebe....so we saw quite a few of the birds mentioned on our excursion.



There was also swan on the pond. There is a coot.



I then spotted a bird of prey...



We decided it was a red kite, after my initial rejection of buzzard. We had wandered off our original trail onto the serpents way for a short exploration past some horses and spotted it. We got closer...Liz spotted red and a forked tail, so we assumed that is what it was.



It stayed around for a few pictures.




2 comments:

  1. That new place looks great-- a nice pond and woods, and it looks like hills in the back. Do you know what that white building is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope. some house of some sort, but....

    ReplyDelete