Thursday, October 20, 2022

BIRD NEWS:727

 




Another sculpture at Leonardslee.



I really liked the galah, having had experience of living galahs whilst living in Australia for 22 years.



They have now got some new info bards, so I took photos of the bird related ones, so that it was not just statues. Of the at risk species, I am well acquainted with several. The song thrush we have in our back garden often spotted in winter, for example. I also have a grey wagtail that enjoys my pond seasonally.



We both liked these sculptures far better than the usual ones. They were more realistic.



Some were better than others, but I tried to take picture of all the bird related ones. I did miss a few, as the first 20-22 sculptures we missed.



Alas, most of the signs did not come out very well. Luckily we picked up a brochure, but the camera failed me on the signage



This one came out clear... but this did not.



2 comments:

  1. Most of those sculptures are pretty cool. I hope they don't get vandalized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can only see them if you pay to go into the gardens area, so its not likely. we have annual tickets....

    ReplyDelete