Saturday, March 30, 2024

BIRD NEWS: 848

 





Alas, I could not depict the snipe in my pictures...only the ducks.



I shifted position and tried again, but you may or may not spot them.



This was the best I could manage. We ended our excursion to WWT Arundel with a viewing at the new feeder station, where the tame robins hang.



We popped into Swanbourne Lake on our way home, and I took just one shot of some pigeons - with the gulls and other water birds.



Our next trip was to Leonardslee Gardens & they had the sculptures display finished this trip. On our last excursion they only had half in situ.



There, amongdst the camelia bushes, were a sculpted pair of cockatoos. This reminded me of when I tried to grow sunflowers in the back yard in Wollongong. A flock of cockatoos flew in from the city park across the road and devoured the seeds before I could!



Here is a reminder of what the real thing looks like.



2 comments:

  1. That new feeder station looks gigantic. I like the sculpted cockatoos-- they look like they're made of metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its just 2-3 feeder tubes set in a woodland path

    ReplyDelete