Thursday, November 16, 2017

BIRD NEWS:378

My next excursion was taken in the first week of November and was a short trip to Arundel WWT. I had the afternoon and evening free and decided that if I caught the bus, I would go - and if not, I would hike the hill and go shopping at the grocery store my son works night shift at. I caught the bus...



The first thing I saw was a sign about buzzards. I soon spotted some real, rather than picture, birds though.



I stopped to take a few shots of these cute ducks before moving along to the Bewick swans. It was a little later in the day than I usually visit, and also a weekday rather than weekend - so there were far fewer visitors and the lighting was different on this sunny fall afternoon.



Here we go with a Bewick swan cygnet above and more of the family below.



Continuing the news from the back yard at home - we regularly have a host of sparrows, a couple blue tits, a single goldfinch, a wren, robin, a few starlings, couple jackdaws and wood pigeons, and sometimes a magpie visit. One of the younger wood pigeons is tame enough to stay on the tree and wait for me to put seed out for it without flying away when I open the window - and Mr Bob sure knows how to chirp for his supper.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures definitely have a different look to them at that time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed.... not a time i am used to going....due to working and bus times

    ReplyDelete