Wednesday, October 3, 2018

BIRD NEWS:435




Starting with another Dusty sculpture, I continue with my late September Arundel trip to WWT. Alas, none of the three mentioned species on the info-board were in sight at either hide. In fact, very little other than gulls and mallards was showing itself - the odd goose, perhaps - definitely no herons, kingfishers, egrets, lapwings....



So have another pair of Dusty sculptures! I wandered along to the Bewick swan habitat, wondering if the 4 cygnets would still be present - as cygnets have a tendency to be removed at a certain age. I was happy to find all 4 still in situ this trip, however - along with another nearby Dusty.



I was about to see how the black-necked swans were doing in the former trumpeter swan enclosure, when to my surprise and delight I discovered the trumpeter swans swimming towards me! That really made my day, as these are my favorite swans! It was a lovely surprise to find them back in their former home - though I have yet to discover what became of the black-necked pair.


2 comments:

  1. It's nice that the trumpeter swans have returned. Along with more Dustys.

    ReplyDelete