Saturday, October 6, 2018

BIRD NEWS:436




Starting today with another pair of Dustys, I proceeded to visit a couple more hides - but as the former ones, very little was on view. I heard plenty of sand martin activity, though. Have another Dusty!



Looking across the way as I wandered along the next stretch, I spotted a rooffull of pigeons! Yes, real birds in this photo! Talking of which, back home in the yard we have sparrow activity continuing. I think they are back for the winter season, now. I am currently refilling the seed tube daily. Have another Dusty...



Other than the sparrows, we have a great-tit visiting each morning to grab a peanut, and a few other birds occasionally arriving, investigating, and departing after a nibble. The only other regulars as fall breaks free of summer are Mr Bob and Pidge - both of whom like to munch seed from the windowsill early in the morning.


Mother swan and her........Hawaiian geese! An unusual grouping of pals strolling about together as if family. Plenty of activity at the feeder station here at WWT year round - you can spot geese, jackdaw, pigeon... Alas, the feeder poles have yet to be refilled.


2 comments: