Thursday, October 11, 2018

BIRD NEWS:437



I saw far more Dustys than sandmartins on this trip! There were other species to observe, but it was predominantly seagulls and mallards - with the odd goose or swan. Here are a pair of dozing ducks, though, for a little variety.



...and another Dusty or two...



At the feeding area near the cafe, I spotted some pigeons - of course, these just had to sneak into my camera collective for the day!!



I turned, and walked back again after watching the pigeons, and back round the corner at the feeding station spotting a swan with the other munchers. One goose did a lovely ballerina pose for me!

3 comments:

  1. I love the ballerina pose. :D

    And there seems to be actually 14 Dustys. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lucky shot! oh maybe they have two new ones since the last showing then? i thought they only had 12 last year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there's probably been a Dusty mating season since then.

    ReplyDelete