Friday, November 2, 2018

BIRD NEWS:441


One more shot of the sparrows at home - demonstrating how they munch thru a canister of seed per day, currently. One more shot from our trip to Petworth Park ...


My next excursion was a solo stroll along the canal at Chichester - where this coot thought I might favor it with the food I didn't have. It saw me stop and swam over, looking up saying 'feed me' with its eyes...but I didn't bring a picnic, only a bottle of water.



Of course, Chichester means budgies in the aviary at Priory Park as well... I grabbed a coffee instead of lunch and wandered along to the park and around it for a short trip before the gardens and home after the canal and shoe shopping.



That was Chichester... My next photo is from closer to home. On the penultimate Saturday of October, I took a stroll down Swillage Lane - originally intending to trot around Angmering park for a couple of hours - but the mood was not with me and I just took an hours stroll instead. I had hoped to capture a few photos of the geese and ducks on Swillage Pond - but they didn't want to be photographed this trip.


My next excursion was taken with Liz to Warnham nature reserve. We saw plenty of birds, along with squirrels galore, in the lakes and woodlands where we lost almost 4 hours wandering around spotting wildlife before ending up back at the cafe-shop and watching the harvest mice and stick insects for a while. Photos from our trip will appear in my next blog post.

2 comments: