Thursday, November 22, 2018

BIRD NEWS:444







Starting today's post - here they are - the budgies from Priory Park! That ends that excursion, but it was not long before my next trip. I took the early bus and sauntered along the avenue enjoying the autumnal colors and falling leaves and spotting a pigeon hanging out on the side, as I made my way to wellness-weekend at WWT, Arundel.



The first birds I photographed on my first rushed trip round were a pair of mallards. My trip to Arundel WWT also included several sightings that I did not photograph - a kestrel, 2 buzzards, 5 kingfishers, and a red kite...



My next stop was to catch up with the Bewick swans - does anybody notice something wrong in the photos? Perhaps regular readers may recall that the two parents had 4 cygnets earlier this year - and notice one parent and 4 cygnets in my photos...? I haven't a clue where the other parent went, but it was not in the enclosure! Maybe it was sick, dead, or hiding...


This pair of Emperor geese wanted to chew the fence as I strolled by. I next caught up with my old pals the trumpeter swans! I did not take too long on this ramble round, as I had a Yoga class, coffee, and Chair Yoga class to attend, before a smaller walk and Zero-Balancing session. My trip then ended in a slower ramble round and boat trip. But firstly to the Trumpeter swans.....


4 comments:

  1. Aw, the Budgies. :D

    That's an amazing picture of the Trumpeter swans at the bottom. I hope the other adult Bewick is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been back this week - and still no sign of the missing adult swan....maybe next trip I will learn where it has gone and why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there park rangers or something who you can ask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they have staff there, but they dont all know all the details - i know someone who works at the desk sometimes, but havent seen them to ask if they know.

    ReplyDelete