Sunday, November 18, 2018

BIRD NEWS:443


Back home, and you can see the goldfinch has found the new location for the nyjer seed tube! Talking of which, the stone bird bath is also relocated - I got fed up of walking between it and the overgrown fern and getting wet legs every time I went to the poly tunnel in morning dew!


Here is the view from the coffee room window - and below that from the kitchen window of the new set up. Hopefully it will also now be easier for birds to spot black furball murder-monsters on the prowl!




Can anybody guess where this shot of a wood pigeon and crow was taken? Probably not unless you are a regular reader or local - it was Hotham Park in Bognor Regis. Late October, I had a Liz-less day and a quest to purchase a blueberry plant, so decided to trek out to Chichester markets for the plant, where I had purchased one for just £4 a year or two previously. I stopped en route for a quick trot round the park in Bognor.


I then went on to Chichester - and here we see a wood pigeon resting on a bench in the Bishops Gardens. I then trotted off post coffee to Priory Park...



You are right regular readers - this is not a shot of the aviary of budgies! I spotted a wagtail on the bowling greens first...budgies to come!

4 comments:

  1. That's a great shot of the wood pigeon on the bench.

    I hope the rearranged backyard is safer for your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a little - nothing stops those monster furballs entering to kill, though. i have tried everything from chili powder to used tea bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well they dont seem to care that there are 2 big dogs next door....

    ReplyDelete