Friday, December 14, 2018

BIRD NEWS:447




Here we see the infoboard and real thing - of red-breasted geese - and a seagull...



Along with the small geese, were some wigeon and their board. Finally for my Arundel trip in early November, a tit on the feeder. It could be a marsh tit - but the underparts are grey rather than brown, so maybe a coal tit with a wrong shaped bib?


At home, the monster of a black furball has committed murder yet again - on another of my pigeon pals. It is getting so fat, although it only half eats the birds it kills - we are hoping it eats itself into ill health and leaves my lil birdies free and ALIVE!


The next excitement was a spotting mid November of a bullfinch in the back yard. I have not seen them in our gardens before - so was quite excited and hoped at least one of my numerous photos would come out.



At first, he sat on the bird bath and took a drink - and twice I missed him by going to fetch the camera....But then he went on the path to feed and I managed to take a few shots and hope they came out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that the cat got another pigeon. :(

    The shots of the bullfinch came out good. I hope you can get one of him at the bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alas, he hasnt been seen since...must have just passed thru.

    ReplyDelete