Friday, May 24, 2019

BIRD NEWS:485


Here is another shot of the greenfinch munching sunflower hearts alongside a goldfinch at Arundel WWT. Along a bit from the woodland hide, I came across an island of pigeons to make me smile.



This is the same lake as the blacknecked swans were dwelling upon on my current trip, taken the first weekend in April. As the trumpeters, the black necks were preening themselves, busily.



Near the cafe the eiders were swimming around hopeful of feed, along with the greedy gulls and assorted ducks. Time for me to take refreshments, then double back and go anti-clockwise round the reserve before making my way home via Bognor shops.



Dozing among the daisies on my second lap I spotted a couple of geese that took my camera's fancy. Here is the info board depicting the difference between these geese and the emperor geese shown in a former post.

2 comments: