Tuesday, May 28, 2019

BIRD NEWS:487



You may be mistakenly assuming I am now sharing shots from a farm - wrong! These pictures were also taken on my late April trip to Leonardslee Gardens with Liz. My next shot changes to the first solo trip I took in May 2019, to Arundel Wildfowl Trust on the first Saturday of the month. A greylag goose with family.



I had not wandered much further along the pathway when I came across a second goose family, strolling along warily watching my approach.



I spent approximately 2 hours at the WWT on this trip, which included a hot drink shortly after arrival, but before the drink I encountered a few more waterfowl - including these scoters.



To my delight, on approaching the Bewick Swan enclosure I spotted activity! YES! There were now a pair of Bewicks at their lake again.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I wonder if it's the same pair.

    I love those pictures of the goose family and their fuzzy chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, the older pair died - this is a young pair.... i saw some more fuzz-balls on friday!

    ReplyDelete