Thursday, May 2, 2019

BIRD NEWS:483



The Trumpeter swan that was bathing made some interesting poses and I ended up taking several pictures of it - along with THIS VIDEO. I popped into another hide, and as I exited spotted the pair both on land - still preening and cleaning.



They seemed to be taking a long time making themselves look good for my camera!



Having finally passed the trumpeters pretty display, I trotted along and the next thing to catch my eye was a moorhen bringing a strand of grass to this patch - which if you look closely you might see is another moorhen sitting on a nest.



My final photo for today is of a bluetit in a tree. It was hanging with a longtailed tit, but by the time I had clicked on and aimed the camera, the longtailed tit had flown onwards and the bluetit flew into shot.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great shots of the Trumpeters posing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the next trip to wwt shows lots of the new bewicks.

    ReplyDelete